The Freelance Life

And thus ends week one of unemployment.

Wait... my first week of returning to freelancing. Yeah. That's better.

It's been an interesting week. I've cleaned more than I have in months, which probably makes Kid Flash happy. Besides the basic household stuff like laundry and dishes I emptied all of my shelves of supplies and then put it all back on again. I completely rebuilt my work table, etc. etc. but it was really a defense mechanism/way to procrastinate, and I know that.

One unexpected thing I've discovered is that I need a social outlet. Other than a trip to the comic shop, and a production meeting at the Children's Theatre, I haven't been south of 145th street all week. And frankly if a friend hadn't given me a guest pass to a gym and taken me there twice... I probably wouldn't have gone out as much as I did. If I really am going to continue in the vein of freelancer, I'm going to need to figure out some reasons to get out of the house.

I have a standing bi-weekly movie date with Mark. And presumably once things get rolling I'll have meetings and things again, but... yeah. I need to get out more.

1 Response to "The Freelance Life"